London Tooting Bec Cold Water Swimming Championships 2017Cold UK Ice Mile SwimmingMontenegro swimmers meeting gold olympian from Rio 2016Swimming holiday locations captured by droneGreece - Swim and Sail Cruise HolidaySwim and Sail Cruise PhotosBest Lakes to Swim in EuropeSwimming Lake Powell CanyonsStrel World SwimHuman Limits presents Martin Strel, the Marathon SwimmerSwimming Croatian Islands from the AirMediterranean Turkey TripsSpring´s Best Fitness RetreatsSwimming around Obonjan island in CroatiaOlympic swimmer about Swimming and Sailing in TurkeySlovenia ranks top Greenest Countries in the WorldSwimming in Slovenia Customer ReviewAustralian Swimmer Talks about Swimming in CroatiaTravelling from Venice, Italy to SloveniaMartin Strel amongst top 10 extreme world stuntsSwimming the Yugoslavian submarine tunnelsTestimonials About Montenegro SwimmingSwimming the Mississippi RiverNew Swim and Sail Turkey VideoMartin Strel International Marathon Swimming Hall of FameTurkish Gulet Swimming Adventure InterviewSwimming trip guest reviewsCroatia Sea SwimmingMediterranean Turkey Swimming HolidaySwimmers with disability on holidaysSwimming in Tenerife Sea Canary IslandsLake Swimming Trip in SloveniaMontenegro Fort Mamula island swimmingBest Deal Swimming HolidaySwimming holidays for singlesLake Bled Winter Swimming Event 2015Chill Swim Winter Swimming on WindermereBest Fitness Holidays in EuropeLondon 2015 Cold Water Swimming ChampionshipsTrying Out Open Water SwimmingLake Swimming SongSwimming Turkey - week long trip itinerarySink or Swim feature article about Slovenian Lake Swimming AdventureArticle by Telegraph Swimming in Dalmatia (Croatia)Boxing Day Swimming at West Midlands Water-ski CentreMartin Strel member of International Marathon Swimming Hall Of FameFive days of Croatian island-hoppingInspiring story from our Croatian swimming tripIn the swim: Article from our guest about Croatian swimming tripGuest reviews and blog article from Croatia swimsMontenegro swimming holiday reviewStrel Montenegro swimming songSwimming at the Lulworth Cove, Man Of War and Durdle Door beaches of the Jurassic CoastMartin Strel swimming with Sheikh from Saudi Arabia to BahrainWorld´s Winter Swimming Championships in Rovaniemi, FinlandWinter swimming at Big Chill Swim on Lake Windermere 2014Montenegro holiday reviews by our customersNew mobile app about Slovenia´s Top 50 places to visitMartin Strel 5 Times Guinness World Record HolderThe Lake Powell Swimming ExperienceCroatia Underwater Swimming Top QualityLake Powell Article: Aquatic swimming adventure with Martin StrelOur guide and coach Giovanna RichardsLake Powell Swimming - Crawl through the desertLake Bled Winter Swimming Cup 2013Winter Swimming Championships in Tooting Bec Lido in LondonLake Swimming TestimonialsNick Ward reports about our Sea Swimming in CroatiaLake Powell Best Swim VacationLiving Swimming Legend Visits Page, Arizona and Swims Lake PowellStrel swims from Statue of Liberty to Freedom TowerVirtual Open Water Swim ChallengeA Strel Swimming Story From Croatia10th anniversary Mississippi River SwimSwimming Smiths blog about Slovenia swimming tourWhy Go for Open Water SwimmingOpen Water Swimmer Show premieres on National GeographicH2open Swimming EventH2Open water swimming event at Reading Lake, UKMartin Strel´s Epic Amazon Swim celebrates 5 year anniversaryH2Open Water Swimming NominationHow to swim the Amazon river by Martin StrelWhy is swimming so great for your healthSwimming with sharksLake Bled Winter Swimming CupSouth African Swimming TourNEW-Croatian short swimming holidayLake Bled swimming in the winterSlovenian lake swimming holiday ON SALEMartin Strel Swimming Article: Incredible EndeavoursOur teamWhy swim with usNewsReviewsPress/MediaBrochureInsuranceGroup bookingsTraining planFAQsOur storeSeeschwimmenSpeaking in SwitzerlandWork with us
Inspiring story from our Croatian swimming trip
Our guest Lynne uses wheelchair to get around and she came to swim with us in Croatia and greatly enjoyed it. Please read her story how inspiring can our trip be to someone like her.
We had a fantastic time on our Croatian Island Hopping holiday. I enjoyed myself much more than I had dared to hope I might!
So where do I start. Alexander was easy to spot in the airport with his Strel t-shirt and he was really helpful getting our stuff into the car, then helped us to understand what would happen and how everything works while being really easy to chat with and very pleasant company. He got us to the hotel boat then made the effort to help us on and then off at the other side, into the hotel and made it a very relaxing start to the holiday.
The hotel was good, we should have advised them before about my reduced mobility then we might have had a room on the level the lift went to rather than having a few more steps to go up and down (a banister would help). The staff were really pleasant and ‘went the extra mile’ to make sure we were comfortable and happy. The food is good and there was plenty to choose from. The room was a lovely size with a great view from the window. The Wi-Fi is really appreciated too.
But the best bits of the holiday were with you guys:
- This was my first time doing open water swimming but I am sure it won’t be my last!
- The video of our technique was interesting but the feedback in the evening was really helpful and a great laugh – I learned from the advice to everyone else too – though I still have to remind myself to fix one thing at a time not try to do everything at once…
- Each swim you took us on felt different – some were great as we swam along the coast others it was the fish etc in the area that were really interesting but every time it was great fun.
- I found it difficult getting out of the water on to the boat at first but wearing some water shoes and with everyone being so very kind solved that.
- The group were fantastic, we really do miss them and hope everyone is well – it is amazing how quickly we were all “best friends” despite coming from various parts of the world, with very mixed backgrounds, mixed age groups and very different swimming abilities.
You organised a great holiday - always adapting to the weather, tide etc. You always knew where would be good to swim and when I couldn’t swim the whole distance you just arranged it so that I could go in at a suitable time - no fuss, no hassle just made it work for us all.
I have been recommending you to loads of people, mostly people at work - so I won’t be surprised if you get lots of people from the English Midlands next year.
I thoroughly recommend your swim holidays to the people who are thinking like I was:
1) Yes I love swimming but can I do all that? Just tell us how far you want to swim and we will tell you when to get in.
2) What about me being able to get to and from the boat? You just put the wheelchair on the front out of the way of the group - no problems.
3) What about getting about on a boat? It is much easier than it sounds - there are loads of rails / places to hold on.
4) Will I spoil the holiday for the others? No, the team flexed everything so that everyone enjoyed the whole trip.
5) Will I be able to get there and back? The airline sorted my travel and Alexander picked us up at the airport / dropped us back - no problems.
And Mick who can swim really well recommends this holiday to everyone who enjoys a good long swim...
So - no excuses, treat yourself!!! If you like to swim then this is THE holiday for you!
Thank you to everyone on the Strel Team.
Lynne & Mick, guests on Croatia trip in August 2014
Entire photo gallery from the trip
Entire photo gallery from the trip