We recommend booking travel insurance as soon as you book our trip arrangements. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have suitable insurance cover for the travel arrangements and activities that you have booked with us. You must hold a valid comprehensive travel insurance cover for an adventure sports activity including open water swimming or outdoor swimming. Your policy must include medical expenses (including transportation), emergency repatriation, travel illness (including Covid-19), and personal accident on the tour. We advise all clients to book your travel insurance as soon as you book our trip arrangements. Make sure you book the policy with the right country (territory) and dates coverage.
* NOTE! Travel insurance may not be necessary if the trip you are taking part in is in your country of residence. If you already hold medical insurance then please check with your insurer if your policy covers “outdoor” or “open water swimming”.
Please upload your travel health insurance to your account online (Log In, My account). We also advise you to have a printed copy with you on paper. We may ask for your copy when you arrive on our trip!
Below companies cover open water swimming activities (guided or escorted tours).
– STAYSURE (UK residents)
– WORLD NOMADS (North America and worldwide customers)
– TWO POINT FIVE (UK based)
– ENDSLEIGH INSURANCE (UK based)
– ALPHA TRAVEL INSURANCE (UK based)
– CORIS – APRIL (Europe based)
– Insure My Trip (North America and worldwide customers)
– HCC INSURANCE (North America and worldwide customers)
– GOOD NEIGHBOR INSURANCE (North America and worldwide customers)
Sometimes cancelling the entire trip upfront is inevitable. Accidents, injuries, job issues, health issues, friends or family issues, are all the things that might keep you home. To prevent losing our trip value we highly recommend covering yourself with a travel insurance policy.
Testing positive for COVID-19 on Strel Swimming trip
If you as a guest (customer) show clear symptoms of COVID-19 before or while on our Strel Swimming holiday, you may be asked to take a test, or you should inform us about your test results.
Should you test positive, you will be required to follow local laws and guidelines in place, which may include being instructed to self-isolate and be separated from the group. This may happen before or during the trip. This may also mean you are unable to continue the trip or not being allowed to join the upcoming trip. Should this happen, you should contact your travel insurance provider directly for further assistance.
If any of the above events incur any additional trip costs, you or your travel insurance provider will be expected to cover these. We advise all customers to have travel insurance in place as soon as you book our trip arrangements.