Legendary marathon swimmer Martin Strel is known as the Big River Man and the only man in the world who has swum the 5 greatest rivers on the planet: the Amazon, Yangtze, Paraná, Mississippi, Danube. He holds four Guinness World Records in long distance open water swimming.
Today Martin Strel travels the world and speaks about how he has achieved such extreme feats and what drives him to do such dare-devil swims. Martin´s motivational speaking focuses on different topics from mental and physical preparation to endurance, goal setting and team work.
Martin´s presentations are not focused only on great solo human achievements, but also on the environmental messages he has devoted his career to promoting. He speaks about importance of clean waters and rainforests protection for our future generations. His live talks on the stage are accompanied by attractive multimedia video presentations about his challenges.
Martin Strel upcoming speaking venues:
– November 5, 2011 at 20.00, Karlovy Vary, Czech republic – Caminos travel festival
– November 16, 2011 at 19.30, Bristol, UK – Wilderness lectures
– November 17, 2011 at 19.30, London, UK – Royal Automobile Club
– December 9, 2011 at 10.30, Kirtland, Ohio, USA – Kirtland Middle School
– February 11, 2012, Midmar Mile Swim, South Africa